Purpose of Position: To support the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival team by ensuring each artist has a superb experience working with BRIC and assisting in all aspects of artist services. The Artist Services Intern will be an organized self-starter who is excited and passionate about music and the arts, as they will gain first-hand live event experience at one of New York’s premiere summer music festivals. This intern will see the administrative process before, during, and after the festival, and be closely involved in every show. Through this experience the intern will gain valuable skills related to artist management, hospitality, festival administration, and production.
- Participate in multiple aspects of performing arts administration
- Learn how to create artist and event one-sheets
- Learn how to process and organize artist contracts
- Participate in weekly Performing Arts team meetings
- Learn how to do outreach to other organizations/companies on behalf of BRIC for backstage donations
- Learn how to interface with other departments to complete longer-term projects/tasks
- Learn basic performing arts marketing objectives, for digital and print materials
- Gain first-hand show experience, both front of house and backstage as an artist liaison.
- Learn about objectives and goals in a multidisciplinary Brooklyn-based arts organization, and one of the most well-established summer festivals in New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Artist Guest List check-in and assist with guest list coordination
- Assist with operational schedules and planning
- Build production schedules in BRIC’s database
- Assist with artist contract tracking and follow-up
- Assist with artist arrivals (load-in) and departures (load-out)
- Outreach and securing backstage hospitality donations
- Assist with pre-season on-site staff training
- Assist Performing Arts Coordinator in arranging artist hotel and ground transportation
- Assist with end of season staff party
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelors, Masters, or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Self-directed and proactive, self-starter and a problem solver
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail
- Outgoing and friendly with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Enthusiasm for engaging with the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
- Knowledge and keen interest in music and the performing arts is desirable
- Computer literate
- Pre-season: 2-3 days per week in office (flexible based on individual’s schedule)
- In-season: 4-5 days per week, includes office work and performances (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights)
- Must be available to work all performances, including weekend nights
- Somewhat flexible schedule outside of above constraints based on particular individual schedules.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and references to Gabrielle Davenport, Performing Arts Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Artist Services Intern. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.