To provide the opportunity to observe, learn and take away Marketing administrative skills and real world experience from a Public Access Television Station within a multi-disciplinary arts organization.
- Gain a solid understanding of the daily operations and opportunities available at a leading arts and media non-profit organization
- Develop your social media savvy through regular monitoring of and posting to Brooklyn Free Speech's platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and the BRIC WordPress blog
- Grow your media skill set through our free classes and training in Field Production, Television Studio Production, and Editing with Adobe Premiere CS6
- Enhance your digital photography skills through regular practice on our DSLR cameras and your own smart phone
- Learn to pitch and effectively communicate your ideas at our weekly marketing meetings
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Brooklyn Free Speech marketing department in implementing a social media strategy for Brooklyn Free Speech using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and the BRIC blog
- Plan and assist at photo shoots for a variety of studio and on-site television productions
- Assist at community events, summer festivals, and street fairs
- Draft marketing copy for television programs and social media
- Manage process for sharing videos and other multi-media content on BRIC's online platforms
- Assist with weekly e-newsletter, updating email subscriber list, online survey management, and other general administrative duties
- Shoot, and edit footage using Adobe Premiere CS6 to be used for promotion on our Brooklyn Free Speech channels, across our social media platforms, and in our Brooklyn Free Speech e-newsletter
- Tracking social media analytics and working collaboratively to increase the engagement of our producers on social media
- Assist in the planning and execution of Brooklyn Free Speech events at BRIC Arts | Media House and offsite venues
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
- Strong belief in community and familiarity with Public Access television a plus
- Interest in marketing and solid understanding of social media best practices
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Quality verbal communication (small and large group settings) and written communication (web, email, letters)
- Excellent organization skills
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop a plus.
The marketing intern is expected to work 15-20 hours per week throughout the winter/spring. Days and times are flexible depending on candidate schedule.
How to Apply
Email alease@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Marketing Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About BRIC Community Media
BRIC is the Public Access Television organization for Brooklyn. BRIC’s community media programming includes three initiatives aired on the four channel Brooklyn Public Network: community-produced Brooklyn Free Speech TV and BRIC-produced, Brooklyn-focused BRIC TV. Brooklyn Free Speech is the home of filmmakers, television artists and organizations seeking to learn to create innovative media. Its community media programs offer residents free access to media production facilities and equipment, and low-cost media education. Every week over 650 hours of TV programs, created by Brooklyn-based producers, air on Public Access TV.