Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the part-time Public Safety Officer oversees security at BRIC House.
- Observe and patrol the lobby, and other public spaces
- Intervene in case of any problems with visitors or users of BRIC house space; escort people out if needed
- Oversee the BRIC House opening and close-down procedure.
- Record activity in a security log and prepare incident reports
- Assist in responding to inquiries from visitors
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree a plus).
- Three years of experience in security or face-to-face customer service
- Valid NYS Security Officer License (or willing to obtain this before start date)
- Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Fire Guard For Impairment F-01 (Preferred)
- Certificate of Fitness Indoor Place of Assembly F-03 (Preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to enforce rules.
Salary and Schedule
This is a part-time hourly position, approximately 25 hours per week. Regular weekly schedule to be determined, including one or both weekend days.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Public Safety Officer–Part-time. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.