YOUR MOST BURNING QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Do I have to be a Brooklyn resident in order to take a Brooklyn Free Speech media education course?
You need to be a Brooklyn resident in order to take any course that makes you eligible for free use of Brooklyn Free Speech production equipment (Courses that make you eligible to use Brooklyn Free Speech production equipment are called certification courses). All other courses are open for anyone over 18 years of age (All other courses are defined as non-certification and free courses).
Do I have to be a Brooklyn resident to have a show on Brooklyn Free Speech?
Any adult Brooklyn resident can apply for channel time on Brooklyn Free Speech television. Channel time is free of charge. You have complete control over the content. You will need to provide proof of Brooklyn residence. If you do not have a bill or lease in your name, someone you live with or another Brooklyn resident can vouch for you. This person will need to bring proof of Brooklyn residence in person to The Media Center.
We look forward to seeing your show!
When are new series applications accepted?
*New series applications are only accepted in January, April, July, and October. Click on the 2017 Programming Calendar link below for a visual guide. A new series submitted for cablecast in January, April, or July 2017 will be eligible to be submitted for the 2018 B Free Awards. A new series application submitted for cablecast in October 2017 will be eligible for the 2018 B Free Awards.
**Specials (Single-Air Programs) are accepted at anytime during the calendar year. A special submitted for cablecast in 2017 will be eligible to be submitted for the 2018 B Free Awards.
- Summer Programming Season: July 1-31
- Fall Programming Season: October 1-31
- Winter Programming Season: January 1-31
- Spring Programming Season: April 1-30
How To Export Your Show
- Crispin Export Settings
Looking for information on how to upload your show? This step-by-step guide will help you with uploading your show to Crispin.
- 2017 Brooklyn Free Speech Holiday Upload Schedule
The Media Center will be closed several days throughout the year in honor and celebration of the holidays. Here's a list of our 2017 holiday closures as well as the holiday upload schedule listing the adjusted upload due dates for your Brooklyn Free Speech show.
- NEW! Sponsor Agreement Form
Have a show on Brooklyn Free Speech sponsored by a Brooklyn resident? Please have your sponsor fill out this form.
- Weekly Upload Schedule/Acceptable File Formats
We've created a convenient weekly upload schedule so that you always know the due date for your Brooklyn Free Speech program.
- FAQs & Information
- 2017 Programming Calendar
- Media Education Certification Process
- Equipment/Studio Reservation Form
- Equipment/Studio Cancellation Form
- Programming Request/Change of Information Form
- New Series Request Application*
- Special (Single-Air Program) Application Request Form**
- Timeslot Change Request Application
- Student/Producer Resource Guide
- GET INVOLVED! Volunteer with Brooklyn Free Speech
- TV Studio Crew Request Form
- Production Volunteer Form
Read The Media Center's Policies and Procedures Handbook
You Might Also Like
Media Education Courses
Celebrating the Culture of Disability through FilmmakingMar 8, 2017 • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
BRIC House Ballroom