Purpose of Position:
The Administrative Coordinator plays a vital supporting role for BRIC Media Education (BME) and Brooklyn Free Speech Radio. This includes general program administration (prepping materials, certification and attendance), communicating with instructors, and routine tasks such as answering phone and email inquiries about our programs. Coordinator routinely interfaces with Public Equipment and Brooklyn Public library staff to ensure classes and public programs run smoothly. As a representative of BRIC, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for leading BME Orientations, and organizational tours of the Community Media Center. This position reports to the Director of Media Education.
- Help coordinate all on and offsite BME programs, make copies, create rosters, communicate with and support BME instructors
- Facilitate new producer entry into existing producer community
- Assist with radio program administration and uploading of podcasts
- Lead monthly BME Orientation sessions for the public
- Enter Orientation forms into Web Check Out, prepare Proof of Residency and ID confirmations, certify community producers, distribute program certificates
- Prepare weekly attendance reports on BME classes
- Produce regular education videos/podcasts featuring upcoming BME programs
- Schedule practice sessions with Community Producers
- Answer phone and email inquiries
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or prior administrative experience in an educational setting
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Competency in Google docs, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of video production and podcasting a plus
Salary and Schedule
- Monday through Friday, 11am-7pm with some weekends
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Administrative Coordinator. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.