Purpose of Position:
The Artist Services & Contracts Coordinator works with 2 Senior Producers to provide administrative and operational support for the presentation of annual spring, summer and fall residency and performance seasons, and the development of relationships with artists. The Coordinator will manage all artist contract administration and assist with all rehearsals, performances, and performing arts operations to ensure high-quality artist/audience experience and production values.
- Manage high-volume artist contract administration including mark-ups, processing signatures, working with several agencies and SVP of Performing Arts
- Process and track artist payments & expenses
- Work directly with artist teams to fulfill contract terms, including managing travel, accommodations, transportation, hospitality, and payment terms
- Collect artist marketing assets and distribute to internal teams, processing marketing requests and initiatives as needed
- Coordinate with marketing team to collect, edit and print program copy for BRIC House performances
- Assist producers in building and maintaining relevant show documents
- Assist in BRIClab residency application process
- Manage guest lists for artists and other guests
- Work with Operations Coordinator to hire, train, and schedule front of house staff and security for BRIC House performances
- Manage day-of performance and residency logistics as assigned, including dressing room assignments, hospitality, parking, & guest list requests, coordinating with producing and production staff
- As assigned, serve as day-of event manager and oversee FOH staff, coordinate with production and artists to ensure a smooth artist/audience engagement
- Support artists while in residence
- Work on special projects as needed
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in performing arts and some experience with artist contract administration. Degrees in the arts or communications a plus.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Excellent PC-based computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with ticketing software a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with several different stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate
- Ability to make sound decisions in a deadline-oriented environment
- Interest and availability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. nights and/or weekends) as needed
- Strong desire to build knowledge of arts administration and producing
- An interest in music, dance, theater, and multi-disciplinary performance
Compensation & Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Working some evenings and weekend performances are required. Salary is $40-43k + benefits depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Artist Services & Contracts Coordinator. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.