Purpose of Position: To support the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival team by ensuring each artist has a superb experience working with BRIC and assisting with various aspects of concert production and artist relations. The Artist Services Intern will be an organized self-starter who is excited and passionate about music and the arts, as they will gain first-hand live event experience at one of New York’s premiere summer music festivals. This intern will see the administrative process before, during, and after the festival, and be closely involved in every show. Through this experience the intern will gain valuable skills related to talent management, contract administration, and event production.
- Participate in multiple aspects of performing arts administration
- Learn how to create artist profiles and build shows in the industry’s leading Festival Management software, Marcato
- Learn how to process, organize, and track artist contracts & payments
- Participate in weekly Performing Arts team meetings
- Learn how to interface with other departments to complete longer-term projects/tasks
- Gain first-hand event experience, both front of house and backstage as an artist liaison
- Assist in the development of relationships with artists and provide additional support for rehearsals, performances, and performing arts operations to ensure high-quality artist/audience experience and production values
- Play a key role in managing VIP guest entry and experience at festival
- Learn about objectives and goals in a multidisciplinary Brooklyn-based arts organization, and one of the most well-established summer festivals in New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate (pre-shows) and Manage (on-site) Artist and VIP Guest Lists
- Assist with operational schedules and planning
- Build artist profiles and production schedules in Marcato
- Assist with artist contract tracking and follow-up
- Assist with artist payments & fees
- Assist with artist arrivals (load-in) and departures (load-out)
- Assist with pre-season on-site staff training
- Assist Artist Services Coordinator in arranging artist hotel and ground transportation
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelors, Masters, or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Self-directed and proactive, self-starter and a problem solver
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail
- Outgoing and friendly with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Enthusiasm for engaging with the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
- Knowledge and keen interest in music and the performing arts is desirable
- Computer literate
- Preferred start and end date: Early May – Mid August
- This is an event-based internship, so availability on nights and weekends in the summer is a must. Shows typically occur on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Must be available to work at least 28 out of 31 total performances.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and references to Lia Crockett, Senior Music Producer at email@example.com with subject line: Artist Services Intern. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.