Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Assistant Production Manager will work with the Production Manager/Technical Director to assist with the planning and operation of a wide range of culturally diverse music, dance, theater, multi-media and interdisciplinary events at BRIC Arts | Media | House. The Assistant will generally assist in successfully meeting the production and technical requirements for all events within all BRIC House spaces and assisting production operations to ensure high safety standards, high-quality production values, and excellent artist/audience experiences.
Under the direction of the Production Manager / Technical Director, Duties and Responsibilities may include:
Assist in Production Planning & Management
- Review technical riders to determine technical requirements and devise plans on how to accomplish them.
- Assist in coordinating with BRIC staff, artists, visiting technical staff, and rental clients to create top excellent quality productions while upholding the highest standards of professionalism.
- Work with the Production Manager and Associate Production Manger to develop production schedules and implementation plans for each event.
- Assist in developing rental equipment lists as necessary for productions.
- Compiling and distributing production related paperwork as assigned.
- Attend BRIC administrative and production meetings as needed.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the performance venues, their equipment, and support spaces.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Assisting with and coordinating the preparation and implementation of lighting, sound, video and rigging designs and room configurations, production set-up, rehearsal, performance and restore.
- Monitor and exemplify safe work practices.
- Creation of QLab show files for onsite productions.
- Perform duties as Production Supervisor, Stage Manager, Lighting or Sound Operator, or utility Technician as assigned.
- Assist with the department's operations (timesheets, calls, schedules, inter-office communications).
- 3 years experience in theatrical production of the performing arts, or the equivalent
- B.A. or B.F.A. in technical theater or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated broad and deep knowledge of theater production and entertainment technology including the latest developments in lighting and design, sound reinforcement and recording, video sources and projection, rigging, carpentry, and stagecraft.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diplomacy and tact with artists and staff.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Familiarity with standard theater policies and procedures, and Equity rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety standards for local, state, OSHA, and other federal guidelines.
- A basic knowledge of first aid; CPR certification a plus.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound decisions on deadline.
- Business and technical software proficient, especially with MS Office Suite, QLab, Vectorworks, and Lightwright.
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time, non-exempt, salaried position with a full benefits package.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Assistant Production Manager, Performing Arts. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.