BRIC is seeking a qualified Assistant Stage Manager/Hospitality Coordinator to create an excellent artist experience, prepare artist hospitality, and contribute to smooth backstage operations.
Throughout the Season
- Assist Stage Manager with install/maintain/strike Stage Management office and backstage support areas
- Assist SM with install/maintain/strike dressing rooms, green room, and support spaces
- Assist SM with implementation of all production schedules, including artist wrangling.
- Oversee all hospitality operations as directed by Stage Manager & Production Manager. Supervise Hospitality Runner to purchase and set up hospitality for artists and crew.
- Ensure artist has best experience possible
- Supervise weekly shopping runs for hospitality supplies. Keep inventory for following weeks.
- Assist SM with advance of upcoming events, including some administrative support as needed.
- Actively participate weekly production meetings.
- Assist SM with artist wrangling throughout the day and during the show.
- Assist in artist arrival and departure from dressing rooms and green room
- Oversee deployment of crew snacks
- Supervise/organize any other artist related needs
- Assist SM with running order for show
- Prepare artist hospitality and dinner orders, responding to artist requests throughout the event.
- Oversee dressing room prep/cleanliness and other backstage needs
- Assign errands & tasks to be run by Runner / Assistant.
The ideal candidate is able to work under pressure and in inclement weather and has a minimum 1 year experience as a Company Manager, Stage Manager, or Hospitality Coordinator in a music/performance venue or theater environment (or equivalent.) Strong verbal, organizational and teamwork skills, and a professional presence required. Food service experience a plus. Bilingual a plus.
$20-25/hr, depending on experience
- Mid May – June 7: Mon-Fri onsite prep and training.
- June 7 - August 20: All performance dates (approx. noon – midnight), + post-season wrap-up.
- Detailed schedule will be discussed with candidates selected for interview.
How to Apply
Email BCBFjobs@bricartsmedia.org with subject line: ASM/Hospitality Coordinator - BCBF 2020. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.