The Associate Production Manager will work with the PM to oversee the production of a major outdoor concert festival/series at the Prospect Park Bandshell May thru August, and a wide range of culturally diverse music, dance, theater, multi-media and interdisciplinary events at BRIC Arts | Media | House September thru April. The APM will generally assist in meeting the production and technical requirements for all events; and ensuring high safety standards, high-quality production values, and excellent artist/audience/staff experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure proper use of all BRIC equipment and facilities.
- Assist in system and space maintenance and upgrading.
- Monitor and exemplify safe work practice.
- Perform & oversee a variety of crew tasks as required.
BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- Advance all artists’ production needs and arrange backline rentals for each show.
- Build production show schedules and maintain staff-accessible calendars.
- Update and maintain production-advance database for all production staff.
- Lead weekly production meetings.
- Serve as Production Stage Manager during concerts, leading the stage management team.
- Supervise and run Production Office.
- Source and acquire production supplies, rental equipment.
- Track production expenses.
- Conduct payroll for hourly employees.
- Organize and issue permits for vehicular traffic and parking.
- Maintain venue technical riders.
BRIC Arts | Media House Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance production for all music programming (BRIC House Sessions, BRIC JazzFest, etc).
- Assist in the advance and preparation of residencies, rentals and other programs as assigned.
- Develop production schedules and implement plans for each event.
- Attend BRIC administrative and department meetings.
- Schedule hourly audio, lighting and other production staff.
- 4+ years experience in music concert/festival production, performing arts production, or the equivalent
- B.A. or B.F.A. in technical theater or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated broad and deep knowledge of concert and theater production, and entertainment technology including the latest developments in lighting and design, sound reinforcement and recording, video sources and projection, rigging, carpentry, properties and stagecraft.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diplomacy and tact with artists and staff.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Familiarity with standard theater policies and procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety standards for local, state, OSHA, and other federal guidelines.
- CPR certification and a basic knowledge of first aid.
- Fire guard certification
- Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound decisions on deadline.
- Business and technical software proficient, especially with MS Office Suite, Vectorworks and Lite Rite.
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time non-exempt salaried position with a full benefits package. Salary is approximately $47-50k annually + benefits depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Associate Production Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email (including a list of four references) and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.