The Building Custodian helps to ensure a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean environment at BRIC House.
- Clean all building areas, including floors, furniture, bathrooms, windows, performance spaces.
- Sweep, shovel and wash outdoor perimeters.
- Empty trash and recycling and oversee collection by NYC Sanitation.
- Move furniture and equipment.
- Perform light repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Perform custodial duties at special events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Custodial Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of related work experience.
- Requires prolonged standing up to 3 hours, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning and reaching.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials weighing up to 60lbs.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in and around dust and odors.
- Requires strong team player with customer service skills.
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits program. Monday – Friday with variable hours. Annual salary range is approximately $40,000.00 depending on work history.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Building Custodian. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.