BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us in performing arts, contemporary arts, independent media and education.
BRIC is the Public Access Television organization for Brooklyn. We have two community media initiatives: BRIC TV—a lineup of content produced by BRIC—including local news, Brooklyn documentaries, music, art and comedy, original scripted series, and more; and Brooklyn Free Speech TV, community-produced television. Brooklyn Free Speech is the home of filmmakers, television artists and organizations seeking to learn and create innovative media. We offer residents and non-profit organizations low-cost media education and free access to media production facilities and equipment. The content from BRIC TV and Brooklyn Free Speech is aired on BRIC’s 6 channels of cable TV, on our YouTube channels and other digital platforms.
Position Summary: The Business Development Associate identifies sales opportunities for BRIC TV Original Series and studio BK, BRIC’s custom content division.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities for distribution of BRIC TV Original Series; market to streaming services, networks, media outlets, etc.
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities for creation of custom content by studio BK, BRIC’s digital content agency. Market to non-profit organizations, small businesses, professional associations, etc.
- Create effective client presentations – pitch decks, reels, links, budgets, pitch bibles and other materials.
- Prepare responses to government and other RFPs for video production services.
- Serve as account representative for clients; attend meetings and shoots, prepare and review contracts, oversee services provided to client.
- Assist with film festival strategy and submissions.
- Collaborate with marketing staff on promotional materials.
- Assist in review of potential BRIC TV series pitches & development, to provide perspective on marketability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of work experience in the television field
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the production process
- Knowledge of social media & digital metrics
Schedule and Compensation
Full time position 40 hours/week. Annual salary $42-45k. Expected to meet sales goals outlined by supervisors.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Business Development Associate. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.