BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position: The Camera Operator works as part of a BRIC TV production team, contributing to the goal of excellent content.
- Operate video camera and peripheral equipment for studio productions field shoots and live events.
- Work as part of a production team; communicate effectively in a production environment.
- Observe film locations and assist in planning lighting and shot composition.
- Test and oversee functionality of camera and peripheral equipment.
- Compose and frame shots; adjust focus, lens, exposure, filters, use lighting techniques and camera settings in order to achieve the effect sought by the Director.
- Assist in transport and setup of equipment.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 or more years of camera experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb on a ladder, and operate camera equipment while crouching or kneeling.
- Excellent communication skills
Salary and Schedule
$34.81/hour. This is a part-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Camera Operator – Part-time. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.