Purpose of Position:
The Computer Engineer works as part of the BRIC IT team to provide desk top computer and network support to users.
- Provide help desk support to staff; first line of calls and emails
- Oversee user administration services: active directory, MS Office/ new accounts / password resets / account unlocks / printer configurations / mobile phone setup / e-mail support (Outlook) / web-based account administration.
- Provide setup, troubleshooting and maintenance service for printers, copiers, fax machine.
- Perform user desk moves and new computer setup; work with Facilities and IT teams to ensure all user setups are completed without incident.
- Provide remote user support when needed for emergencies.
- Assist with telephone system setup and support.
- Assist with television studio and playback technology.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 3-4 years’ experience in a combination of network support, help desk, software support or related areas
- Technical skills: Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Office Suite, Adobe CC Suite; familiarity with backup/restore tools, basic switching, router protocols, wi-fi configuration, MS SQL, VOIP and analog phone systems; proficient in RG45 ethernet cables, patch panels, termination and testing.
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills; strong customer service skills; ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment
Salary and Schedule
Full-time position with full benefits program. Some evening and weekend work is required. Annual salary is $54,864.00. This is a full-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Computer Engineer. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.