The Development Manager for Grants is a key member of the BRIC development team. This position is responsible for all aspects of institutional and government funding for BRIC programs. This includes: prospect research; proposal writing and reporting; outreach, contract, and relationship management with key institutional and government stakeholders; maintaining and tracking grants calendar; other related duties as they arise.
- Research prospects and generate proposals and reports for foundation and government.
- Develop project ideas, descriptions and budgets in close consultation with BRIC’s President, V.P. of Advancement, Director of Development, program directors, as well as Director of Finance.
- Manage annual grants calendar for all proposals, acknowledgements, contracts, payment requests, and reports. Ensure that all deadlines are met and contracts fulfilled; maintain historical records.
- Develop and update annual boilerplate proposal text for general operating support and program-specific support.
- Foster and maintain relationships and correspondence with funders, potential funders, and elected officials’ staff; send materials, invitations, and information to keep these relationships active; and arrange and prepare for site visits and meetings.
- Participate in community outreach opportunities, including attending public events and meetings as appropriate.
- Work closely with Development team, BRIC’s President, and others as needed to develop long-term strategies for increased funding.
- Other fundraising tasks as requested, including annual appeal, donor events, and two annual galas.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Three to five years’ experience with grant writing, reporting, and prospect research; proven track record of successful grants and related reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, adhere to deadlines, and work as part of a team
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database (or similar) preferred
- Interest, knowledge, and background in contemporary art, performing arts, and/or arts education a plus
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Presence at some evening and weekend events will be required.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with the subject line: Development Manager, Grants. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of your email and attach your resume. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer