About the Communications Director Role:
BRIC seeks a seasoned Director who will develop and implement a communications strategy to effectively promote the work and profile of BRIC. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Communications will support the execution of comprehensive communications strategies for institutional and programmatic priorities.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Director will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications:
- Support President’s internal and external communications from content development to presentation.
- Ensure messaging is clear and consistent across functions and geographies.
- Build and maintain a master communications calendar for internal use.
- Advise key communicators on internal communication materials and strategies.
- Identify best practices and emerging strategies within internal communications.
- Craft and/or edit public information materials, such as press releases, pitch memos, fact sheets, op-eds, letters to the editor, and other materials used for dissemination of BRIC’s position.
- Secure and guide external partners or agencies in securing media opportunities such as interviews, speaking engagements with key publishers and events.
- Provide oversight of external PR firms with expertise in key programmatic areas.
- Plan and create the content development, editing, production, approvals, distribution of public relations materials.
- Build and maintain relationships with writers, editors, and publishers to increase visibility of BRIC’s work and drive impact.
- Craft talking points and messaging for BRIC leaders and outside spokespeople to prepare for events, speaking opportunities, and media interviews.
- Develop marketing materials for the organization, including pitch decks, fact sheets, media kits and one pagers and work with freelancers (designers and copywriters) to fulfill additional promotional needs.
- Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities to promote the organization on our social media channels and when appropriate contribute to the social media content calendar.
- Measure and monitor performance of communications and marketing initiatives to determine potential needs for course correction.
- Partner with team leaders to develop clear objectives and success measures for all communications initiatives.
- Manage and deploy tools that track and monitor content, mentions, and exposure across all media channels to assess impact.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Strategic Storytelling. An excellent ability to communicate through diverse medias and has a strong portfolio of blogs, proposals, newsletters, press releases, bylines, etc. Able to think and act strategically to enable each piece to fit together into the larger picture.
- Detail Oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possess a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- Communication & Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven leader who can inspire staff and collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization, and provide feedback and coaching to support the achievement of goals. Highly skilled communicator and relationship builder, both individually and in large audience or public communications.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within the fundraising function and setting an equity and justice rooted strategy for revenue generation and team management.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting 3 months your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.