BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
About the Marketing Director Role:
Reporting to BRIC’s Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing & Communications, the Director of Marketing will help lead the execution of marketing and advertising for BRIC, develop strategies for and oversee the execution of BRIC’s efforts to attract audiences and program participants, and provide leadership for maintaining and increasing institutional visibility.
Build and leading a highly effective and enthusiastic team, and working closely with BRIC’s executive leadership and multi-disciplinary program heads, the Director advances stakeholder/public understanding and awareness of BRIC as a Brooklyn-focused video network, performing arts and contemporary art presenter, and incubator of new work and the careers of emerging artists and media makers.
The position calls for a creative, concise, nimble, strategic thinker, and a highly collaborative individual adept at communicating (sometimes complex) messaging to a diverse external audience base, including program attendees and participants, donors, government agencies and other stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate has at least 7 years of experience in marketing, preferably for a cultural organization and/or video content distributor, having served as a manager in a previous position. Candidates should also have familiarity with audience assessment and development, content marketing as well as ticket sales.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Director will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications:
Strategy Design & Implementation
- Support SVP in the development and execution of an overarching marketing strategy for BRIC that reflects its vision, mission and values and diverse lines of business and elevates the organization’s profile.
- Lead the team in the execution of such strategies and ensure KPI are tracked and met for all marketing programs and drive recommendations.
- Support the SVP in the development of strategic positioning, audience targeting and development, and setting of clear marketing objectives for key institutional and programmatic priorities.
- Collaborate with programmatic areas to understand initiatives and subsequently craft assignments to guide internal teams, as well as, external partners, to ensure campaigns are on strategy, budget and deadlines.
- Manage institutional and programmatic lifecycle calendars, identify and help develop key assets and deliverables and establish efficient workflow across disciplines deploying both on and off owned platforms.
- Oversee institutional and campaigns budgets.
- Oversee creation of materials to support fundraising and membership acquisition and corporate sponsorship program.
- Lead the team in the development of content and promotional assets and rollout strategies across all platforms ensuring they’re on brand and have strategic alignment with the rest of the organization.
Brand & Media Management
- Serve as Editor-in-Chief of BRIC’s site ensuring its voice is consistent and servicing the organization.
- Manage our brand marketing and overall promotion to include reviewing and approving all advertising elements, including print, outdoor, TV, radio, and online executions.
Team Management & Leadership
- Manage and develop a best-in-class Marketing Team with active goal setting and decisive leadership.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, qualities, and competencies:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Data-driven. Data-driven thinking and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics and insights tools (Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Social Studio, Facebook Insights), and other marketing/ communication platforms such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, etc.
- Detail Oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possess a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- A+ multitasker. You are organized and deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities. You're also able to pass these skills along to more junior members of the team.
- Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven leader who can inspire staff and collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization, and provide feedback and coaching to support the achievement of goals. Highly skilled communicator and relationship builder, both individually and in large audience or public communications.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within the fundraising function and setting an equity and justice rooted strategy for revenue generation and team management.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting 3 months your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.