Purpose of Position: As a BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival Entrance Staff member, you will be part of a dynamic team welcoming audience members, answering questions, and soliciting donations at the entrances. Each Entrance Staff member will be responsible for engaging with audience members as they enter the venue. This individual should have experience interacting with the public to positively engage the audience and represent the message of BRIC and the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicit and collect donations
- Manage lines to venue entrances.
- Welcome audience members at venue entrances
- Answer questions, spread positive & accurate message about BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival & BRIC
- Positive, proactive, professional behavior at all times
- Engage audience and distribute programs & other materials
- Report to the House Manager and work well with the rest of the Entrance Staff team as well as volunteers, Green Team, Production Team, etc.
- Must obtain F-04 Certificate of Fitness (Fire Guard) issued by the FDNY - BRIC will assist applicants with preparation for the examination
- Must be at least 18 years old - college students on summer break are encouraged to apply
- Experience in positively interacting with the public
- Ability to easily talk to strangers
- Strong voice projection
- Comfortable handling cash and making change
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional appearance required
- Must be able to stand outside on feet for entire 6-8 hour shift and to lift 25 pounds
- Interest in the performing arts. Acting experience a plus!
- Experience managing a team is not required, but will be desirable for some of our Entrance Staff members
Compensation & Schedule
$15 per hour. Approximately 20 hours per week for 10 weeks. Must be available to work all show and training days:
- Training on May 29: 5 to 8 pm, Venue set-up on June 1: 10AM-2PM, Orientation on June 3: 5:30 to 7:30pm
- June 4-August 10: Most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, with occasional Tuesdays and Wednesdays for Benefit shows
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Entrance Staff. Please write a cover letter in the body of the email briefly noting your qualifications for and interest in the position and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer