Purpose of Position:
The Gallery Attendant provides visitor services and safeguards artwork.
- Provide security for the art works on view.
- Greet and engage with visitors; answer questions.
- Assist with regular upkeep of gallery spaces.
- Maintain inventory of catalogs, postcards, etc.
- Follow protocol to open and close the gallery, including operation of AV equipment.
- Assist with clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Outgoing; comfortable with engaging with visitors.
- Responsible; will assure care of artwork on view.
- Knowledge of contemporary art.
- Bachelors in an art-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-year work experience; experience working in a museum, gallery or related field preferred.
- Technologically savvy; ability to operate projectors, computers, media players, etc., and troubleshoot basic A/V issues.
- Flexible schedule; available for weekend work.
14-16 hours per week, including Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12–6pm and other evening and weekend hours to be assigned. Position is on hiatus during exhibition changeover periods, approximately 15 weeks per year.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Gallery Attendant. Please include a cover letter in the body of the email. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.