The Seasonal General Manager will oversee the general operations of the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, working with the COO, Director of production & Executive Producer to develop processes & procedures focused on staffing, vendors, and safety, and pre-season, oversee day-to-day operations.
• Develop operations plan for 2021 festival, working closely with Executive Producer & Director of Production
o Collaborate with Director of Performing Arts on budget projections related to concessions, vendors, and staffing
o Spearhead vendor & concessionaire recommendations, negotiations and on-boarding
• Work with the Director of Operations / COO to develop and execute safety protocols, including covid-19 related precautions.
• Develop and execute all Front of House staffing plans, including hiring & budget management.
• Develop and oversee all IT needs on site in collaboration with BRIC’s IT department
• Oversee site build (July) & strike (September) with Director of Production
• Act as day-to-day contact for all vendors & concessionaires
• Directly supervise front-of-house Crew Heads (Security, Front of House, Volunteer, Maintenance)
• Oversee repairs, maintenance, & compliance on site as needed.
• Act as day-to-day contact with the New York City Parks Department & Prospect Park Alliance.
• Oversee compliance with all city regulations
• Oversee and assist with permitting processes as needed.
• Venue open/closure protocols.
• 5+ years’ production / management experience in large-scale events, performance venues and/or in hospitality.
• Personnel management
• Vendor management
• Working knowledge of New York City event permitting process and event guidelines
• Experience with outdoor events a plus.
Salary and Schedule
Salary range: Commensurate with role and experience
Time Commitment: March 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021 (7 Months)
March - May: Estimated - 20 hours per week, in-office or remote. Meetings as necessary.
June - Sept: 40 hours per week. Must be on site for all build out and show days. Tentative schedule is:
June 28 - July 27: venue build.
July 28 - Sept 5: est. ~18 shows/tech days.
Sept 8 - 30: strike.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: General Manager, BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival (Contract). Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.