Purpose of Position: Reporting to the Site Coordinator and Green Team Leader, the Green Team’s primary responsibilities include daily clean-up of all site and restroom facilities for the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure site is clean throughout and ready for venue opening each day
- Ensure all trash cans are emptied, properly placed, bagged, and ready for venue opening each day
- Ensure all public restrooms and portable toilets are clean, stocked, and ready for heavy daily use
- Pick-up, sort, and bag trash and recycling throughout show taking care to use three separate bags for 1) plastic bottles/cups, 2) aluminum, and 3) remaining trash
- Continue cleaning in and around site sorting as above and leaving site clean for the next day
- Load recycling and garbage trucks
- Communicate with Site Coordinator and Green Team Leader about needed site repairs and/or other site issues
- Work in a safe, efficient, and professional manner
The ideal candidate has good interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and able to work steadily and in inclement weather. A minimum of two years of previous experience as a Maintenance/Janitorial Worker for a venue, school, or other large capacity facility is preferred. Bilingual a plus.
Compensation & Schedule
Approximate Dates: May 30, 2019 to August 10, 2019. $15.00/hour.
During the season, the Green Team will work about 20 hours per week (generally 5:00pm to midnight on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays – specific schedule will be discussed with candidates during the interview process).
How to Apply
We are holding open interviews Monday, May 6th (5 to 8pm) and Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 (12 to 3pm) at BRIC Arts Media, 647 Fulton Street, Brooklyn NY.
Please come prepared to complete BRIC Employment Application including work and education history, three personal and three employment references (including contact phone numbers). Please also bring a valid passport OR a valid photo ID and social security card. Applicants will be interviewed on a first-come first-served basis, and we expect the process to take about an hour, subject to response.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer