BRIC is seeking a qualified Hospitality Runner/Assistant to create an excellent artist experience, prepare artist hospitality, and contribute to smooth backstage operations.
Throughout the Season
- Assist Stage Manager & Assistant Stage Manager with install/maintain/strike Stage Management office and backstage support areas
- Assist ASM/Hospitality Coordinator with install/maintain/strike dressing rooms, green room, and support spaces
- Purchase and set up hospitality for artists and crew.
- Ensure crew/artist has best experience possible
- Make weekly shopping runs for hospitality supplies. Keep inventory for following weeks.
- Order supplies/equipment as directed.
- Maintain schedules and paperwork as directed by Stage Manager and/or Assistant Stage Manager.
- Assist in artist arrival and departure from dressing rooms and green room
- Implement/Organize any other artist related needs
- Prepare artist hospitality and dinner orders, supporting Assistant Stage Manager
- Assist ASM/Hospitality Coordinator with dressing room prep/cleanliness and other backstage needs
- Run errands as assigned by the ASM.
The ideal candidate is able to work under pressure and in inclement weather and has a minimum 1 year experience as a Company Manager, Hospitality Coordinator, Production Assistant in a music/performance venue or theater environment (or equivalent.) Strong verbal, organizational and teamwork skills, and a professional presence required. Food service experience a plus. Bilingual a plus.
$15-18/hr, depending on experience
- Mid May – June 7: Mon-Fri onsite prep and training.
- June 5 - August 11: All performance dates (approx. noon – midnight), + post-season wrap-up.
- Detailed schedule will be discussed with candidates selected for interview.
How to Apply
Email BCBFjobs@bricartsmedia.org with subject line: Hospitality Runner/Assistant – BCBF 2020. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.