Purpose of Position:
The Lead Gallery Attendant provides visitor services and safeguard artwork; assist with administrative tasks.
- Provide security for the art works on view.
- Greet and engage with visitors; answer questions.
- Assist with regular upkeep of gallery spaces.
- Prepare monthly gallery attendant schedule.
- Maintain inventory of catalogs, postcards, etc.
- Follow protocol to open and close the gallery, including operation of AV equipment.
- Assist with gallery attendant schedule and other clerical tasks for curatorial and marketing staff.
- Outgoing; comfortable with engaging with visitors.
- Responsible; will assure care of artwork on view.
- Knowledge of contemporary art.
- Bachelors in an art-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-year work experience; experience working in a museum, gallery or related field preferred.
- Technologically savvy; ability to operate projectors, computers, media players, etc., and troubleshoot basic A/V issues.
- Flexible schedule; available for weekend work.
- 16-20 hours per week, including Tuesdays to Fridays 2–6 pm and other evening and weekend hours to be assigned. Position is on hiatus during exhibition changeover periods, approximately 15 weeks per year.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Lead Gallery Attendant. Please include a cover letter in the body of the email. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC’s contemporary art programs presents rigorously curated exhibitions and programs focusing on emerging and mid-career artists whose work captures a rich cross-section of ideas, voices, and artistic media that reflect Brooklyn’s diversity. We also provide platforms for artists through an online artist registry as well as open-call artist opportunities, a media fellowship, and visual artist residencies. We engage the public through artist talks, panel discussions, performances, and exhibition publications.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.