BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC’s performing arts programs present emerging and established artists in music, dance, theater, and multidisciplinary performance to broad audiences from Brooklyn and throughout New York City, and support the development of new work. Signature programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, which presents more than 25 free performances each summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell, and our multi-genre commissioning and residency programs.
Purpose of Internship
For the 2019 fall season at BRIC House, we are seeking a Marketing Intern to assist in planning and executing multi-channel marketing efforts promoting our performing arts programs, including the BRIC JazzFest 2019, held October 19-26, 2019.
This internship will provide the opportunity to observe, learn and take away marketing administrative skills and real world experience from a multi-disciplinary arts organization.
- Learn how to design and create marketing campaigns to promote a wide range of performing arts programs, including music, dance, and theater.
- Discover best practices for how to use software and programs including Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Google AdWords, SurveyMonkey, and social media platforms for marketing purposes.
- Use our Content Management System and develop technical skills related to website editing and updating.
- Research best practices and strategies for increasing social media following and engagement.
- Participate in team-wide brainstorming, campaign development, and research related to new marketing projects.
- Be an integral part of planning, preparing, and implementing marketing campaigns via traditional and digital platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Update performing arts content on the website, on external listing sites, and in weekly emails.
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to develop, execute, and track marketing campaigns, including social media content via platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Organize photographs and other digital assets related to past events.
- Support the creation, editing, and printing of physical marketing materials, such as postcards, brochures, posters, etc.
- Attend events after-work as needed to support marketing efforts during programs, especially during BRIC JazzFest (Oct. 19-26), including social media posts, Facebook Live, surveys, and on-site Info Booth.
- Oversee select ad campaigns promoting performing arts events.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your feet
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be interested in the performing arts and be excited to work on administrative office tasks as needed
- Adobe Creative Suite, photography and/or videography skills a plus
The Fall Marketing Intern will be asked to be in the BRIC offices approximately 20 hours a week, with some nights / weekends (as needed) to support evening events.
How to Apply
Email KGreen@bricartsmedia.org with subject line: Fall Marketing Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.