Purpose of Position: The Master Control operator monitors playout of content on BRIC’s multi-channel cable television and streaming distribution network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and assure play-out and recording operations across multiple channels including audio and video signal quality for cablecasting and streaming media.
- Manage schedules and file storage in station automation system.
- Execute operations in Master Control as directed by supervisor..
- Maintain appropriate communications with distribution partners, internal support staff, and internal content management staff
- Communicate as needed with live show community producers
Education, Experience, Skills
- 2 years in a video master control environment with a broadcast or cable system program automation system.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic television studio operations and production processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS including GUI navigation and file system management and MS Office/Excel
- Demonstrable knowledge of standard video and audio test equipment
- Ability to work under pressure with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of Crispin Automation a plus
Compensation & Schedule
This is a part-time position, primarily weekends and holidays, day and evening until 1 am. Occasional weekday work may be required. Hourly rate is $15/hour. This is a NABET union position.
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Master Control – Part-time. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.