Purpose of Position:
The Media Instructor teaches a variety of media classes to Brooklyn residents. Courses include: Television Studio Production, Video Production in the Field, Video Editing with Premiere, Radio Podcasting, among others. For a full list of classes we offer, please visit bricartsmedia.org/bme.
The BRIC Media Instructors’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver media instruction to classes of twelve to fifteen adults in locations throughout Brooklyn
- Certify students once they successfully complete class (if applicable)
- Log attendance & facilitate class evaluation
- Meet regularly with Manager of Education to review curriculum and class outcomes
- BA in Media or Production-related field (MA or MFA encouraged)
- Experience teaching media courses (adult teaching experience a plus)
- Experience working with variety of cameras, production workflows & post-production software
- Production & Post Production experience
- Knowledge of cameras and portable devices to capture video, audio, and images
- Experience recording and editing podcasts (Garageband, Audition, Reaper, etc.)
- Knowledge of online video hosting services such as Youtube and Vimeo
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition)
Salary and Schedule
Hourly rate varies depending on the class—$30-38/hr.
Flexible hours and class locations
This position is part of a NABET-CWA collective bargaining unit.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Media Instructor (Part-time). Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.