The Media Instructor teaches a variety of media classes to Brooklyn residents. Courses include: Television Studio Production, Video Production in the Field, Video Editing with Premiere, Radio Podcasting, among others. For a full list of classes we offer, please visit bricartsmedia.org/bme.
The BRIC Media Instructors’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver media instruction to classes of twelve to fifteen adults in locations throughout Brooklyn
- Certify students once they successfully complete class (if applicable)
- Log attendance & facilitate class evaluation
- Meet regularly with Manager of Education to review curriculum and class outcomes
- BA in Media or Production-related field (MA or MFA encouraged)
- Experience teaching media courses (adult teaching experience a plus)
- Experience working with variety of cameras, production workflows & post-production software
- Production & Post Production experience
- Knowledge of cameras and portable devices to capture video, audio, and images
- Experience recording and editing podcasts (Garageband, Audition, Zoom recorders, etc.)
- Knowledge of online video hosting services such as Youtube and Vimeo
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition)
Salary and Schedule
Hourly rate varies depending on the class—$30-38/hr.
Flexible hours and class locations
This position is part of a NABET-CWA collective bargaining unit.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Media Instructor. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates