Purpose of Internship: The Media intern will be part of an active and involved news, culture, and entertainment video production team, giving the intern an in-depth sense of what it’s like to work in both studio and field production.
- Learn basic editing using Adobe Premiere.
- Learn how to do research for TV & digital Stories
- Learn skills as a Production Assistant on field shoots and in the studio.
- Learn how to work as part of a larger team working under deadline.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting research; updating production and post-production spreadsheets; media ingest/organization
- Assisting in control room and studio for live TV production
- Assisting on field shoots; basic video editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Producing one or more field packages, if applicable
- High school senior or college student
- Interest in learning the inner workings of a television station, including studios, video production, editing, and industry specific IT equipment
- Preferably some post-production, interactive media, especially Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere
- Tech savvy: familiarity with social networking tools, Internet research tools, Microsoft
- Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).Self-motivated person with confidence and great ideas
- Professional demeanor with passion for independent media is a plus
- Experience living and working within diverse communities
5 hours/day, 3-4 days per week
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line Media Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.