BRIC builds Brooklyn's creative future. We ADVANCE OPPORTUNITY for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We PRESENT BOLD WORK that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We IGNITE LEARNING in people of all ages. We UNITE BROOKLYN through art and creativity to build community and make change.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position is to organize and store BRICs television, performance and visual arts assets in an archive that is both accessible for the creation of new work and that provides an historical record of BRIC and the Brooklyn arts community. The media access management system (MAM) interacts with internal media operations and with BRICs international media distribution system.
The Media Resource Manager is responsible for maintaining expert level knowledge of current media asset management technologies and methods in order to serve BRIC’s evolving media landscape. The Media Resource Manager must provide the guidance and vision needed to develop a powerful community asset.
The preferred candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines, the capacity to work across several teams to document processes, support staff use of the system, and collect team feedback for software and hardware improvements. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in developing asset management processes or systems, file conventions, and metadata structures, as well as experience in working with cloud-based infrastructures. The candidate should understand digital rights management.
• Supervise daily content ingest operations
• Curate and catalog content from legacy sources
• Ensure all assets are properly cataloged in content platforms
• Design and implement workflows for efficient media processing
• Implement file naming standards; develop robust metadata taxonomy
• Supervise content logging initiatives and conventions
• Maintain current system documentation; monitor, and enforce best practices.
• Develop and maintain processes for content validation and metadata curation
• Work with IT to proactively monitor system health; report and track system bugs with vendors
• Maintain expert level knowledge of changing media and digital asset management technology
• Gather insights from analytics to drive content decisions
• Plan strategic growth for media management
• Understanding of media library management and arts archiving
• Two to three years of media asset management experience
• Two years of experience in staff management
• Advanced knowledge of broadcast, digital video and audio formats
• Proficiency in video and image editing platforms, including Adobe products
• Effective interpersonal skills; ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to troubleshoot, experiment with new methods
• Working knowledge of XML helpful
• Experience with digital rights management is a plus.
• Experience with daily content operations using efficient media asset management processes to ensure the integrity and metadata accuracy of ingested content; experience integrating existing business units with the MAM system.
Salary and Schedule
Salary commensurate with role and experience. This is a full-time position with a strong benefits package.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Media Resource Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.