Purpose of Position:
To capture documentation and artistic photography of the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival for multiple uses, as well as organize and clean up photo archives from past years. This, in turn, will build a strong archive of diverse images that represent the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, including of artists and performers, the audience, venue, special events, sponsors, staff, behind-the-scenes happenings, and more.
- Gain professional experience and grow a photography portfolio with images of a performing arts festival
- Understanding how photography enhances the wide range of marketing platforms used to promote the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, including email marketing, social media outreach, website content, printed materials, and more
- Learn how to work with clients, capture what is needed for a shot list, and otherwise manage time while photographing an event
- Hands-on practice using photo editing software programs, as well as publishing platforms
- Get a behind-the-scenes look and front-of-house experience working at an established outdoor music festival
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Educational Benefits
- Work with marketing team and other staff to develop photography for cross-channel use, while participating as a team member at the Festival
- Edit and prepare photos for our social media outlets, emails, website, and any other projects as determined
- Maintain the photography archives on an ongoing basis for both current and past seasons, including organizing select shots to be used for specific projects
- Organize photo schedules, arrange shoots, distribute and gather photo release forms as needed
- Work with the marketing team to post photos on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and more
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends, to attend and photograph shows, in addition to office hours.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Proven real-world experience with a professional-grade camera and mastery of photo editing and graphics programs
- Ability to solve composition, lighting, and on-location problems
- Ability to be self-directed but also able to work as a member of a team
- Must possess strong written, verbal, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Must be interested in the performing arts
A successful Photography Intern will have a cool head, instinct for making the best use of limited time, and an eye for that winning shot.
June – August 2018
3-4 days per week
Must be available to work some nights and weekends for shows (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights), plus office hours.
Academic Credit may be arranged
Onsite dinner during events provided
How to Apply
Email lsheridan@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Photography Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email, and attach a resume and portfolio. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.