The Post Production Supervisor works as an integral part of the BRIC TV team. They focus on all aspects of post-production, designing and maintain post production workflows and contributing to pitching and editing of pieces and series as needed.
- Create and manage post-production workflows from ingest to final delivery to ensure proper formatting and encoding for various distribution outlets (cablecast, streaming and digital.)
- Create, update, distribute and implement style guides for several content streams
- Assist with post-production tasks as needed for film festivals, awards competitions, and other submissions. Track submissions as needed.
- Work with management to assess and implement digital distribution strategies including OTT, SVOD, AVOD and app-based approaches for BRIC TV content.
- Work with Supervising & Senior Producers to set and maintain a calendar of post-production activities across all content streams.
- Work with Associate Producers, Editors and Production Assistants to prepare, edit and deliver shows and segments for various broadcast and digital outlets.
- Work with IT/Engineering on best practices and naming protocols to ingest large amounts of archived footage and accompanying metadata into CMS.
- Recruit, hire and oversee freelance editors and assistant editors.
- Assist staff in troubleshooting Adobe Premiere + Media Encoder software;
- Maintain edit workstations technically and organizationally.
- Maintain networked server, organizationally.
- Work with Motion Graphics Animator and Supervising & Senior Producers on scheduling graphics builds and determining creative direction.
- Edit projects as needed.
- Opportunity to pitch and produce stories for BRIC TV.
- Oversee Quality Control for digital and broadcast distribution.
- Help transfer “roll-ins” to Studio Playback server via FTP
- Bachelors’ degree in Media, Film, or TV.
- At least 3 years of work experience managing post-production in a network or post-production environment.
- Working knowledge of After Effects, graphics programs, audio post production, and color grading.
- Knowledge of industry standard codecs and coding for digital and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of Data Asset Management systems a plus.
- Proficiency in non-linear editing environments, specifically Adobe Premiere.
- Strong computer and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience as a filmmaker/media maker a plus.
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week, some night and weekend work is required. Strong benefits package. Salary range is $48,000 - $50,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Post Production Supervisor. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume and link to a video reel, or editing examples. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.