Purpose of Position:
The Production Assistant works as an integral part of the BRIC TV and RADIO teams, assisting with all aspects of production, marketing and distribution. This is a great opportunity grow with an established local television network and to help shape a new podcasting network from the ground up.
- Assist with Editing
- Assist with Content Distribution
- Assist with PR and Marketing
- Assist with Talent Booking and Studio Scheduling.
- Assist with Filing Paperwork
- Pitch and Produce stories for and about Brooklyn
- At least 2 years related experience at a media company
- Proven writing and storytelling skills
- Strong researching and fact-checking skills
- Familiarity with studio and field audio recording equipment– Zoom and Tascam recorders, microphones, etc.
- Familiarity with studio and field video equipment – C100, C300, Sony EX3, Canon 5D, Go Pro, various lenses, lights, tripods, field prompter, microphones, etc.
- Strong skills editing and mixing audio in Adobe Audition
- Strong skills editing video in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop (or willingness to learn)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a team and communicate openly and effectively
- Adept at social media promotion and versed in the social media landscape and tools
- Proven ability to work and think independently
Salary & Schedule
This is a part-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET. Occasional night and weekend work is required.
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Production Assistant – BRIC TV / Radio. Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer