Purpose of Position:
The Production Assistant works as an integral part of the BRIC TV and RADIO teams, assisting with all aspects of production, marketing and distribution. This is a great opportunity to grow with an established local television network and to help shape a new podcasting network from the ground up.
- Assist w Research & general Pre-Production needs (booking, scheduling, etc.)
- Assist w Field Production
- Assist with Editing
- Assist with Content Distribution / PR and Marketing
- Pitch and Produce stories for and about Brooklyn
- Experience making video and/or audio content
- Proven writing and storytelling skills
- Strong researching and fact-checking skills
- Familiarity with studio and field audio recording equipment– Zoom and Tascam recorders, microphones, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a team and communicate openly and effectively
- Adept at social media promotion and versed in the social media landscape and tools
- Proven ability to work and think independently
Salary & Schedule
This is a part-time union position under a collective bargaining agreement with NABET. Occasional night and weekend work is required.
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Production Assistant – BRIC TV/Radio. Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.