The Production Intern provides support to the BCBF production team throughout a summer of performing arts programming at the Prospect Park Bandshell. The team is committed to high-level production values and safety, and the Production Intern is expected to contribute to a positive artist, audience, and co-worker experience.
Educational Benefits: The BCBF Production intern will learn to operate production equipment in a live setting, gain insight into the day-to-day production operations of a performing arts festival, and expand on his or her academic studies through practical experience in a professional environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Production Manager, Technical Director, Stage Manager, Lighting Director, Audio Engineers and other staff in a challenging (but fun!) professional environment.
- Help coordinate and implement audio/lighting/video technical needs
- Help operate production (audio/lighting/video) equipment during show. Department assignments based on experience and preference.
Rising college senior or recent graduate from a theater/entertainment technology program preferred. S/he must be reliable, committed, willing to work the entire summer production schedule, self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Some experience working in production for live events is preferred. We are looking for someone full of energy who is willing to learn and do whatever it takes to get the job done! The Production Intern will be a very hands on and organized self-starter and will take part in making the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Festival come to life.
- Early May to early June: Mon-Fri onsite prep
- Performance and prep schedule: June 9 - August 20 (various days, approx. noon-midnight)
- Tentative post-season wrap-up dates: August 20 – 28
- Detailed schedule will be discussed with candidates selected for interview
How to Apply
Email BCBFjobs@bricartsmedia.org with subject line: Production Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.