Internship Summary: The Production Internship provides hands on work experience to emerging technical theatre makers as they are entering the theatrical marketplace in New York City. This internship will offer the opportunity to build a foundational knowledge of the technical production side of theatre and will introduce the participant to working freelance professionals in the industry.
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a performing arts center
- A chance to expand on academic studies and gain practical experience
- Receive hands on experience with lighting, sound and video technologies
- Learn about developing and using an inventory system for a venue
- Learn about acceptable working practices in a functioning theatre
- Learn about running a venue which is integrated for media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be energetic, possess willingness to learn and work well within a team.
- Will work with the Production Management Team to achieve the goals of each production.
- Will work with Lighting and Audio Engineers and other staff in mounting productions.
- Will work on developing our inventory management system.
- Will participate actively in running and preparing for both produced and presented shows.
- Operate production equipment during a show. Department assignment based on experience.
- Must be reliable, committed, willing to work the entire spring season, self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Second year college students and above are our preferred candidates to fill these positions.
- We are looking for someone full of energy that is willing to learn and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
The schedule is TBD and will be assigned as the fall season is announced. The internship will consist of about 20 hours per week.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: BRIC Performing Arts Production Intern. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.