Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, Public Safety Officers will oversee safety and enforce rules in BRIC House, with a focus on the public lobby. We seek candidates to help us make our facility welcoming and safe.
- Observe and patrol the facility, including the lobby, media center, outside perimeter, and offices.
- Use camera surveillance to monitor building activities and access control system to activate/de-activate building alarm, operate doors and other functions.
- Monitor the activity of visitors to the building and enforce building rules with firmness and tact.
- Respond to any complaints or suspicious activity; assist in investigations and follow-up.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Respond to emergency situations including fire alarms, elevator emergencies and 9-1-1 calls for sick or injured visitors.
- Record activity in a security log and prepare incident reports.
- Communicate regularly with Associate Director of Operations; report any unsafe conditions, incidents or building issues.
- Serve as building Fire Guard for public events.
- Assist in responding to inquiries from visitors.
- Perform other duties included in the Public Safety Officer Manual or assigned by the Associate Director of Operations.
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree a plus).
- Three years of experience in security and/or face-to-face customer service
- Valid NYS Security Officer License (or willing to obtain this before start date)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to enforce rules.
- Certificate of Fitness F-01 and F-03 will be required upon hire.
Salary and Schedule
This is a part-time hourly position, 15-20 hours per week. Regular weekend hours available.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Public Safety Officer–Part-time. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.