Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of the Senior Operations Manager, Public Safety Officers will oversee safety and enforce rules in BRIC House, with a focus on the public lobby. We seek candidates to help us make our facility welcoming and safe.
- Observe and patrol the facility, including the lobby, media center, outside perimeter, and offices.
- Use camera surveillance to monitor building activities and access control system to activate/de-activate building alarm, operate doors and other functions.
- Monitor the activity of visitors to the building and enforce building rules with firmness and tact.
- Respond to any complaints or suspicious activity; assist in investigations and follow-up.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Respond to emergency situations including fire alarms, elevator emergencies and 9-1-1 calls for sick or injured visitors.
- Record activity in a security log and prepare incident reports.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Operations Manager; report any unsafe conditions, incidents or building issues.
- Serve as building Fire Guard for public events.
- Assist in responding to inquiries from visitors.
- Perform other duties included in the Public Safety Officer Manual or assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree a plus).
- Three years of experience in security and/or face-to-face customer service
- Valid NYS Security Officer License (or willing to obtain this before start date)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to enforce rules.
- Certificate of Fitness F-01 and F-03 will be required upon hire.
Salary and Schedule
This is a part-time hourly position, 15-20 hours per week. Regular weekend hours available.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Public Safety Officer–Part-time. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer