BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year. We advance access to and understanding of arts and media by presenting free and low-cost programming, and by offering education and other public programs to people of all ages. Learn more at BRICartsmedia.org.
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is NYC’s longest-running, free performance festival, and a beloved summer tradition featuring approximately 30 varied performances and attracting upwards of 200,000 people each summer to the Prospect Park Bandshell.
Purpose of Position: In preparation for the 2019 summer season of the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, we are seeking a Seasonal Marketing Associate to assist in planning and executing a multi-channel marketing campaign and to participate in promotional activities on site at the Festival. The ideal candidate will possess arts marketing knowledge, graphic design understanding, excellent writing and editing skills, and a deep appreciation for performing arts.
- Support the announcement of the 2019 BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival season
- Proof and help manage the creation of printed materials
- Develop and create content for season brochure and program
- Create web pages for related events
- Post on social media and design web ads from templates
Throughout the Season
- Help draft weekly email campaigns in MailChimp
- Assist at BRIC Info Booth on-site
- Oversee and collect audience surveys and analyze data collected at events
- Identify niche marketing opportunities for advertising and promoting specific performances
- Participate in on-site content building when needed (artist interviews, promoting vendors, show reviews, etc…)
- Coordinate with graphic designer to develop web ads
- Assist in drafting a marketing season-in-review
- Archive/organize season assets (photos, merch, etc…)
- Present survey data
- Help create content for social media networks including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
- Assist other departments in special events
- Complete other administrative duties (fulfill mailings, inventory, invoicing)
- Help the BRIC team whenever/wherever extra hands are needed including non-marketing related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, and familiarity with content management systems
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms such as MailChimp
- Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your feet
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be excited to work on administrative office tasks and to engage with artists and the public onsite—both with utmost professionalism and as a brand ambassador of the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- Must be interested in the performing arts
Compensation & Schedule
- March – August 2019
- 20 hours per week (mix of office hours with on-site hours at the Bandshell)
- Must be available to work the occasional performance as needed (Usually Thurs, Fri, & Sat eves)
- $15 per hour
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Seasonal Marketing Associate. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.