Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Security Supervisor, the Security Guard will provide a safe and respectful environment by executing a tactful security plan while also ensuring a positive customer experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct inspections of handbags and packages being carried onto the site
- Interact professionally and respectfully with festival patrons and employees and provide information as requested
- Enforce access control procedures in various areas on site
- Work with Festival Producers to identify safety issues
- Enforce BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival policies; intervene and alert Security Supervisor in case of any problems with patrons
- Learn and assist with implementation of protocols for emergency evacuation plans
- Respond to emergencies including emergency evacuations and patron incidents
- Assist Emergency Medical Services personnel while they render medical treatment
- High School Diploma
- Three years of experience as licensed security guard at events
- Valid NYS Security Officer License
- Valid F-03 or F-04 Certificate of Fitness (Fire Guard) issued by the FDNY
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to enforce rules
Compensation & Schedule
$17 per hour. Shifts vary.
- Training on May 29: 5 to 8 pm
- Orientation on June 3: 5:30 to 7:30pm
- June 5-August 11: Variable shifts based on BRIC’s needs Tues-Sat approximately 4-11pm
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: BCBF Security Guard. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer