Purpose of Position:
Develop robust BRIC-wide corporate sponsorship portfolio, to activate major assets such as the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, the BRIC JazzFest, major visual art exhibitions, and other signature programming.
The ideal candidate is a sponsorship marketing professional with at least 5 years sponsorship sales experience in music and art preferred, a natural networker and has a demonstrated track record of generating revenue for rights holders and ROI for sponsors.
- Lead effort to research, prepare pitch materials, solicit, and close deals for a variety of BRIC’s largest corporate partnership assets, including the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival and annual exhibition season.
- Set organization-wide corporate sponsorship revenue goals and sales strategies, assess and structure BRIC assets for sponsorship sales; including flagship events, year-round sponsorships, and BRIC TV video content as appropriate;
- Ensure BRIC’s assets are structured to maximize revenue and value to corporate partners. Create actionable partnership sales strategies.
- Play a leadership role within BRIC’s sponsorship department. Facilitate cross-department meetings focused on sponsorship.
- Work with Sponsorship Account Manager to ensure the effective delivery of integrated BRIC services (including marketing, on-site activation, and custom media content) to partners in a portfolio of BRIC’s higher level sponsorships.
- Spearhead the creation of customized partnership activation plans for each corporate partner in that portfolio.
- Co-supervise Sponsorship Account Manager.
- Supervise Seasonal Sponsorship Associate, to support BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival sponsorship activities.
- Supervise the documentation of all corporate partnership activities in your portfolio with photographs, press, social media, activation tracking, collateral samples, etc
- Lead the team to create and deliver timely post-event reports to sponsors, to ensure timely renewals.
- For each BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Festival! or BRIC House event, provide sponsorship activity summaries and ensure the effective coordination of on-site activity with relevant senior, support, marketing and operations staff.
- As BRIC sponsorship staff grows, help train team members in proactive, professional, and sustainable sponsorship approaches, highlighting corporate sponsorship best practices and strategies.
- Assist Marketing Department with related marketing initiatives.
- Assist BRIC Development Director to increase sources of support for other BRIC programs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of five years of corporate sponsorship sales experience for music, art, or media property (or similar position generating brand revenue at a high level), client and account management, and/or experiential marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, adhere to deadlines, and work as part of a team.
- Interest, knowledge, and background in music/performing arts, visual art, and/or media.
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Annual salary depending on experience.
Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week. Weekend work will be required, with a Tuesday – Saturday schedule in June, July, and August.
Must be available to work all summer performances annually, including weekend nights (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights). 30 concerts.
Somewhat flexible schedule outside of above constraints based on sponsorship activations schedule.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Senior Sponsorshi Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer