Purpose of Internship: This intern will assist with the BRIC TV initiative to strengthen online presence.
- Understanding of a wide range of marketing platforms to promote the BRIC TV, including email marketing, social media outreach, website content, printed materials, and more
- Learn how to design and implement a small-scale marketing campaign including printed materials, digital and physical signage, digital marketing, advertising, social media and more
- Learn to pitch and effectively communicate your ideas at our weekly marketing meetings
- Hands-on practice using advertising platforms such as Google AdWords or Facebook Advertising
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Marketing Manager and Digital & Social Media Marketing Assistant with creation of compelling multimedia content
- Pitch and explore ideas for new and creative social media projects
- Build relationships with our online community, particularly influencers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other media accounts
- Assist with monitoring and posting across multiple social media networks
- Help with sharing videos and other multi-media content on BRIC's online platforms
- Learn about paid digital and social media advertising
- Assist at photo shoots for a variety of studio and on-site television productions
- Assist at community events, summer festivals, and street fairs
- Assist with weekly e-newsletter, updating email subscriber list, online survey management, and other general administrative duties
- Assist in the planning and execution of BRICT TV events at BRIC Arts | Media House and offsite venues
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background in communications, journalism, filmmaking, video editing
- Familiarity with social media networks
- Knowledge of the latest online trends, memes, gifs, etc
- Prior experience with Adobe Premiere CS6, After Effects and Photoshop a plus
- Understanding of Google Drive and the general suite of Google products such as Sheets, Forms and Documents, experience with MS Office or Pages, familiarity with newer open source productivity tools such as Slack and Trello
20 hours per week. Weekly schedule to be determined.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: BRIC TV Social Media Internship. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer