BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, our institution has shaped Brooklyn's cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for our community, we ignite learning in people of all ages and centralize diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward.
BRIC is building Brooklyn's creative future.
Purpose of Position:
The Sponsorship Director will broker a robust, BRIC-wide corporate sponsorship portfolio, to activate assets such as the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, the BRIC JazzFest, major visual art exhibitions, and other signature programming.
The ideal candidate is a sponsorship marketing professional with at least 5 to 7 years of sponsorship sales experience in music and art preferred, a natural networker and has a demonstrated track record of generating revenue for rights holders and ROI for sponsors.
- Lead effort to research, prepare custom pitch materials, solicit, and close deals for a variety of BRIC’s corporate partnership assets, including the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival and annual exhibition season.
- Collaborate with Executive leadership to develop organization-wide corporate sponsorship revenue goals and sales strategies.
- Ensure BRIC’s assets are structured, packaged, and priced to maximize revenue and value to corporate partners. Identify trends and prospecting categories; create actionable partnership sales strategies.
- Provide semi-monthly progress reports outlining solicitation status and negotiation progress.
- Partner with BRIC’s Marketing team to effectively evaluate and integrate earned media channels into strategies and tactics.
- Coordinate final negotiation meetings with COO and Executive Vice President, Advancement in order to finalize and close deals.
- Ensure Sponsorship Account Manager is prepared to deliver integrated BRIC services (including marketing, on-site activation, and custom media content) to sponsors.
- Collaborate with Sponsorship Account Manager to deliver timely post-event reports to sponsors, to ensure timely renewals.
- Join quarterly meetings to help train BRIC team members in proactive, professional, and sustainable sponsorship approaches, highlighting corporate sponsorship best practices and strategies.
- Minimum of five to seven years of corporate sponsorship sales experience for music, art, or media property (or similar position generating brand revenue at a high level), client management, and revenue development
- Robust experience activating brands through innovative, creative, and groundbreaking, multi-platform promotional events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, adhere to deadlines, and work as part of a team.
- Interest, knowledge, and background in music/performing arts, visual art, and/or media.
- Master knowledge of PPT, Keynote, and/or presentation software.
Compensation: Monthly retainer plus commission on new and recurring transactions
Initial Contract Period: February 2021 through July 2021
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Sponsorship Director. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach résumé. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.