BRIC is seeking a qualified Stage Manager to create and excellent artist experience, prep artist backstage areas for each performance, ensure smooth, on-time, stage/backstage operations, and handling of artist concerns. Responsibilities include:
Throughout the Season:
- Install/maintain/strike Stage Management office and support areas
- Install/maintain/strike dressing rooms, green room, and support spaces
- Implementation of all production schedules day-of show, working closely with production team, Senior Music Producer, and visiting artists & their teams.
- Coordinate and oversee all artist services with Assistant Stage Manager, Hospitality Coordinator, Associate Production Manager, Artist Services Coordinator, and Senior Music Producer (Artist Services Team.)
- Supervise Assistant Stage Manager & Hospitality Runner
- Ensure artist has best experience possible experience
- Work with production staff to advance upcoming events
- Order supplies/equipment for Stage Management operations as needed
- Maintain schedules and paperwork, delegating to ASM/Hospitality Runner as needed
- Actively participate in weekly production meetings
- Assume a leadership role in organizing staff and artist personnel for on-time load-in, sound checks, performances, curfew and load-out.
- Oversee artist arrival and departure from dressing rooms and green room, serving as day-of-show contact for artists, and working with Production Manager on parking & vehicle needs as they arise.
- Supervise/organize any artist related needs.
- Coordinate backstage credentials with Producers.
- Implement running order for show.
- Implement other stage/backstage needs.
The ideal candidate is able to work under pressure and in inclement weather and has a minimum 3 years of experience as a Stage Manager in a music/performance venue or theater environment (or equivalent). Strong verbal, organizational and teamwork skills, and a professional presence required. Bilingual a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience
- Early May to early June: Mon-Fri onsite prep
- Performance and prep schedule: May 5 - August 20 (various days, approx. noon-midnight)
- Tentative post-season wrap-up dates: August 21 – 28
- Detailed schedule will be discussed with candidates selected for interview.
How to Apply
Email jobs@BRICartsmedia.org with subject line: Stage Manager - BCBF 2020. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.