BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries…
Purpose of Position: Lead workflows and manage personnel involved with BRIC TV’s #BHeard Town Halls and Documentary series.
- Supervise Senior Producers, Producers and Associate Producers working on #BHeard Town Halls and Doc Series.
- Supervise independent producers (EP packages), provide procedural, technical and editorial guidance
- Produce #BHeard Town Hall live events and oversee production of documentaryseries.
- Working in conjunction with Executive Producer and editorial staff, develop annual topics for all #BHeard series’
- Manage outreach and impact for #BHeard
- Manage #BHeard partnerships and ensure partners are high-quality and on mission
- Manage outreach to potential #BHeard panelists and serve as BRIC TV representative to panelists, partners and elected officials
- Work with Marketing staff on digital distribution efficacy
- Attend weekly marketing meetings
- Represent BRIC TV on interdisciplinary projects across BRIC departments
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years of production experience
- Prior experience as a supervisor
- Strong familiarity with civic and public affairs issues affecting Brooklyn
- Strong technical and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of social media & digital metrics
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week. Strong benefits package.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Supervising Producer, BRIC TV. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.