Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Performing Arts Production Management staff, Stage Hands will assist in implementing a wide range of culturally diverse music, dance, theater, multi-media and interdisciplinary events at BRIC Arts | Media | House. Stage Hands will generally assist in successfully meeting the production and technical requirements for all events within all BRIC House spaces maintaining high-quality production values, and excellent artist/audience experiences.
- Assist and coordinate in the implementation of lighting, sound, scenic, video and rigging designs and restoration of the venue following productions.
- Perform duties as Electrician, Deck Audio Technician or utility Technician as assigned.
- 3 years experience in theatrical production, or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in theatrical production standards.
- Knowledge of lighting fixtures and systems. Must be able to focus, and bench focus, lighting instruments.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at height.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diplomacy and tact with artists and staff.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound decisions.
Salary and Schedule
This is a part-time, non-exempt, position paid an hourly rate. Benefits are not included. The starting hourly rate for a stagehand is $25.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Theater Stage Hand. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC’s performing arts programs present emerging and established artists in music, dance, theater, and multidisciplinary performance to broad audiences from Brooklyn and throughout New York City, and support the development of new work. Signature programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, which presents more than 25 free performances each summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell, and our multi-genre commissioning and residency programs.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer