Purpose of Internship
BRIC’s Youth Media Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 6th Annual Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival. The festival showcases ten to twelve documentary and narrative film selections created by producers under 21 years old. The public screening attracts over 100 submissions and an audience of over 300 each year. This year, the festival will take place on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at BRIC House.
Youth Media Fellows will gain skills and professional insight into the planning, curation and promotion of a media festival. Fellows will also learn how to film and edit video, and create promotional material.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings;
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization, and curation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival;
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach, and presentation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival;
- Effective collaboration with the programming team.
- Fellows must be Juniors or Seniors by September 2018
- Fellows must be interested in media, filmmaking, and/or producing a festival
- Fellows must be interested advancing their media skills, editing skills, and marketing
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate and complete dedicated work in collaboration with BRIC Education department and BRIC Staff
November 8 - May 30, 2019
Thursdays 4 pm - 6 pm
(30 weeks, once per week)
How to Apply
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Youth Media Internship. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. The deadline is Friday, October 26, 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
For more information on BRIC's Youth Media Festival, visit the Concrete Stories webpage.