BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Purpose of Fellowship
BRIC’s Youth Media Fellowship program focuses on developing and producing Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival. The annual festival showcases ten to twelve short films of various genres created by NYC youth filmmakers under 21 years old. Over the course of the fellowship, Youth Media Fellows meet once a week in a group of 8-10 of their peers with the guidance of BRIC staff. The fellows determine the theme of the festival, manage the call for entries, create marketing materials, select the festival films, promote and host the festival screening. The festival takes place in May 2022 at BRIC House.
Youth Media Fellows will gain skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, and promotion of a short film festival. Fellows will learn video production and video editing, hear from various guest speakers, and create promotional print and digital materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
● Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization, and curation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival
● Focused participation in the promotion, outreach, and presentation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival
● Effective collaboration with the other Youth Media Fellows
● Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors by September 2021
● Fellows must be interested in media, event planning, filmmaking, and/or marketing
● Fellows must be interested in advancing their media skills, editing skills, design and marketing skills
● Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate
October 21, 2021 – June 2, 2022
Thursdays, 4 pm - 6 pm
In Person at BRIC House
647 Fulton St. Brooklyn, NY
(We follow the NYC school calendar.)
Please check out the following links for more information about Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival and past Youth Media Fellows.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.