BRIC Media Arts Fellowship is a year-long fellowship that makes equipment, classes, and studio/editing facilities available at no charge to professional Brooklyn-affiliated visual artists.
- Classes in digital production and post-production technologies
- Studios and editing suites
- A public screening culminating the fellowship
- $400 honorarium
- Consulting with BRIC curatorial, education, and technical staff on projects
- Professional development and cohort building opportunities including workshoping, critiques, and meet-ups
We seek artists who have a strong desire to explore video and audio as distinct mediums or as part of an interdisciplinary approach to art-making. This fellowship is meant to provide the technical skills and professional development tools to enact your creative vision.
- The Fellowship is only open to visual artists who live and/or work in Brooklyn
- We do not accept applications from or for:
- Students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs and artists who previously were awarded the BRIC Media Arts Fellowship.
- Marketing commercial, or purely journalistic projects
Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of BRIC's Contemporary Art and Media Education staff, and other fellowship alumni.
Applications are now closed, thank you to all who applied.
Finalists will be notified by November 30th.