BRIC Media Arts Fellowship is a year-long fellowship that makes equipment, classes, and studio/editing facilities available at no charge to professional Brooklyn-affiliated visual artists.
- Classes in digital production and post-production technologies
- Studios and editing suites
- A public screening culminating the fellowship
- $400 honorarium
- Consulting with BRIC curatorial, education, and technical staff on projects
- Professional development and cohort building opportunities including workshoping, critiques, and meet-ups
We seek artists who have a strong desire to explore video and audio as distinct mediums or as part of an interdisciplinary approach to art-making. This fellowship is meant to provide the technical skills and professional development tools to enact your creative vision.
- The Fellowship is only open to visual artists who live and/or work in Brooklyn
- We do not accept applications from or for:
- Students currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs and artists who previously were awarded the BRIC Media Arts Fellowship.
- Marketing commercial, or purely journalistic projects
Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of BRIC's Contemporary Art and Media Education staff, and other fellowship alumni.
Application closes on October 17th. Finalists will be notified by November 30th.