Brooklyn Free Speech TV Channel Application Guidelines
Who Can Apply?
Brooklyn Free Speech prioritizes channel scheduling in the following order, based on the availability of channel-time:
- Brooklyn residents and Brooklyn organizations submitting and producing their own programs.
- Brooklyn residents and Brooklyn organizations submitting programs on behalf of non-Brooklyn residents.
- New York City residents or organizations outside of Brooklyn submitting and producing their own programs.
- New York City residents and organizations submitting programs on behalf of non-Brooklyn residents.
- Programs submitted from outside of New York City.
Application Requirements, Content Submission and Air Dates
- Your TV show, film, or short must originate in, and be presented in HD.
- Historical footage is okay if cut as part of a program shot predominantly in HD.
- You may submit your show and application at any time.
- Due Date: The 15th of every month.
- Applications received after the 15th will be reviewed and aired the following month.
- You may submit as many shows / episodes as your heart's desire for air on Brooklyn Free Speech but please note that timeslots are given out based upon availability.
- Your TV show, film, or short MUST be ready for air when you submit your application.
- Brooklyn Free Speech HD channel be organized, as much as possible, into related subject blocks— sports, comedy, youth, spirituality, cooking, and more.
- IMPORTANT: Your TV show, film, or short will most likely be scheduled alongside other programs that fit into the same subject matter as yours. This means that you should be as descriptive as possible when writing your logline. This will help our marketing team with potential promotions and will also make it easier for your viewers / fans to watch your show.
- Producers submitting programs with technical issues or rules violations may lose eligibility.
We will accept a variety of program lengths
- Under 10 Minutes
- Any content under 10 minutes will be aggregated with other short content for airing in a prearranged slot.
- 10-25 Minutes
- Programs that are between 10 and 25 minutes will be coupled with fillers in a regularly scheduled timeslot.
- 30 Minutes
- Half-Hour programs should be under 28:30 to avoid early cut-off.
- 31-55 Minutes
- Programs that are between 31 and 55 minutes will be coupled with fillers in a regularly scheduled timeslot.
- 60 Minutes
- 60 minute programs should be under 58:30 to avoid getting cut off.
- 61 Minutes+
- We will make every effort to schedule programs longer than one hour when time is available.
- Please make sure that your film, TV show, or short is edited to fit within the times listed above.
File format and Size
HD file format: NTSC, Frame Width 1920 x Frame Height 1080, frame rate: 29.97/59.97 fps, pixel aspect ratio: 16:9 (1.000).
- Maximum file size: 8GB
Rules are subject to change.
Have Questions? We Love Questions!
- Please check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions
- Call or email Gen Liu, BRIC's Special Projects Manager at 718.683.5652 / gliu@BRICartsmedia.org.