BRIClab is a multi-disciplinary residency program created to advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers.
The BRIClab: Contemporary Art track offers visual artists technical support, space, feedback, and resources to develop and advance their innovative projects. Artist applications are received through an open call and chosen by a panel of prominent curators, artist alumni, and BRIClab program managers.
Applications for the 2021 BRIClab: Contemporary Art residency are now open through Feb 18!
- Rent-free studio space provided for three months at BRIC House.
- A stipend of $2500.
- Development time for projects.
- A mentor with relevance to your project (curator, academic, practitioner, etc).
- Studio visits with curatorial staff from BRIC.
- An Open Studio event during the residency period.
- A 250 square foot temporary studio space in BRIC's Artist Studio on the ground floor with access to electrical outlets, walls for displaying work, and both natural and artificial light.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You must be:
- A local artist, 18 years or older.
- Not currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- Able to commit to using your studio 20+ hours each week.
- Not a previous BRIClab: Contemporary Art resident or BRICworkspace resident.
We are interested in:
- The relevancy of your work to a diverse Brooklyn audience.
- Feasible residency goals and how well they align with our facilities and technical resources.
- Artists who are able to work independently and productively and who have a solid plan of work.
- Work that reflects great innovation and exceptional creativity.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of prominent curators, artist alumni, and BRIClab program managers.
Information sessions are not required, but are an opportunity to speak directly with program staff. Our next information session will take place virtually on Jan 28, at 7PM. Learn more and RSVP here.
Congratulations to our 2020 BRIClab: Contemporary Art residents: Destiny Belgrave, Lizania Cruz, Karen Miranda-Rivadeneira, Jasmine Murrell, and Sarah Nicholls! Learn more about our artists-in-residence, here.