BRIClab is a multi-disciplinary residency program created to advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers.
The BRIClab: Performing Arts residency track is for New York City-based performing artists to explore and expand the possibilities of their work in music, dance, theater, and multidisciplinary performance. Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of BRIClab Program Managers and BRIClab: Performing Arts alumni.
Applications for the 2021 BRIClab: Performing Arts residency are now open through Feb 18!
- A 12-day residency in the BRIC House Artist Studio
- A stipend of $2500.
- Tech support for projects.
- A mentor with industry experience relevant to your project.
- A work-in-process performance at BRIC House.
- Artist Studio: a flexible space on the ground floor that is used for creating, rehearsing, exhibiting, and performing across multiple disciplines. This 1,400 square-foot room measures 27’ x 52’ and has a 12-foot ceiling height.
- Artist Studio Tech Specs
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You must be:
- A NYC-based artist 18 years or older, with a connection to Brooklyn
- Working on a performing arts piece that is in the middle of its development
- Not currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Not a previous BRIClab: Performing Arts resident
We are interested in:
- New work in the performing arts that is relevant to diverse Brooklyn audiences.
- Feasible residency goals that make use of the Artist Studio and its capabilities and reflect a commitment to process
- Artists who are excited to share their work with the public and embrace dialogue with audiences as a meaningful part of their process
- Work that reflects thoughtful processes and exceptional creativity
Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of BRIClab Program Managers and BRIClab: Performing Arts alumni.
Information sessions are not required, but are an opportunity to speak directly with program staff. Our next information session will take place virtually on Jan 28, at 7PM. Learn more and RSVP here.
Congratulations to our 2020 BRIClab: Performing Arts residents: Maria Bauman; Mia Rovegno, Tahir Karmali, and Elizabeth Thys; Darian Dauchan; Becky Baumwoll; Modesto “Flako” Jimenez and Brisa Areli Muñoz; Diane Exavier and Dominique Rider; Adrienne Westwood and Angélica Negrón; and Parijat Desai! Learn more about our artists-in-residence, here.!